Many people wish to provide for their funeral expenses, and a pre-paid funeral plan is a caring, sensible and cost effective way to do so. The advantage of a funeral plan over a savings account or life insurance policy is that you can fix our direct costs and make a contribution towards third party fees in advance.
Our Funeral Pre-Payment plans are provided by Ecclesiastical Planning Services in association with a network of independent funeral directors throughout the U.K.
All Funeral Pre-Payments are held in secure whole of life assurance policies which means that every penny of your pre-payment is ring-fenced until a funeral service is required.
Advantages of A Funeral Plan
- You can choose your own funeral arrangements, for your own peace of mind
- You will save your family from having to make difficult decisions, trying to guess what you would have wanted, at such a distressing time
- You can personalise your plan with every detail exactly as you want it
- Funeral costs have risen over the years so it makes sense to make financial provision
- Financial Security – all the funeral payments are held in secure whole life assurance policies which are administered by Ecclesiastical Planning Services until required, a registered plan provider of the Funeral Planning Authority.
- The service will be provided by North Down Funeral Directors and Memorial Masons
- Anyone aged 18 or over can take out a plan. There is no upper age limit and no medical or health questions to answer
- You can pay by lump sums or manageable monthly instalments over 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 years. Additional Instalment Payment Terms and Conditions apply – please ask for details.
Terms and conditions apply to funeral plans – please ask for details.
Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulation of pre-paid funeral plans – an update as at 21 February 2022
There is increasing media interest in the funeral planning industry as it moves towards FCA regulation. Our funeral plan provider, Ecclesiastical Planning Services, has applied for authorisation by the FCA and remains positive that it will be authorised from 29 July 2022 when the new regulation becomes effective.
Ecclesiastical is also supporting a number of other funeral plan providers that do not intend to become authorised by the FCA and wish to make suitable arrangements for their existing funeral plans.
We can confirm that Ecclesiastical’s pre-payment funds remain safe and secure, and we urge customers not to be concerned at this early stage. We will provide a further update in due course.